Developing Windows Azure™ and Web Services
This course is scheduled to begin on the 28th August 2017 and is a 5 day session. Please arrive promptly in order to register, as tuition starts by 9 am at latest. If you have not already registered, please do so using the email below. If you wish to make an enquiry, please visit the Courses Enquiry Form and send us your questions!
All courses have light refreshments provided.
Email To Register
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place now.
Make An Enquiry
Please use our form to make an enquiry, selecting the course you are interested in:
In this course, students will learn how to design and develop services that access local and remote data from various data sources. Students will also learn how to develop and deploy services to hybrid environments, including on-premises servers and Windows Azure.
Course Learning Outcomes
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Query and manipulate data with Entity Framework
- Use ASP.NET Web API to create HTTP-based services and consume them from .NET and non-.NET clients
- Extend ASP.NET Web API services using message handlers, model binders, action filters, and media type formatters
- Create SOAP-based services with the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and consume them from .NET clients
- Apply design principles to service contracts and extend WCF services using custom runtime components and behaviors
- Secure WCF services using transport and message security
- Use Windows Azure Service Bus for relayed messaging and brokered messaging using queues and topics
- Host services on on-premises servers, and on various Windows Azure environments, such as Web Roles, Worker Roles, and Web Sites
- Deploy services to both on-premises servers and Windows Azure
- Store and access data in Windows Azure Storage, and configure storage access rights
- Monitor and log services, both on-premises and in Windows Azure
- Implement federated authentication by using ACS with ASP.NET Web API services
- Create scalable, load-balanced services
Full Course Details