Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
This course is scheduled to begin on 19th June 2018 and is a 5 day session. Please arrive promptly in order to register, as tuition starts by 9 am at latest. If you have not already registered, please do so using the email below. If you wish to make an enquiry, please visit the Courses Enquiry Form and send us your questions!
All courses have light refreshments provided.
Email To Register
Please email email@example.com to book your place now.
Make An Enquiry
Please use our form to make an enquiry, selecting the course you are interested in:
In this course, students will learn to develop advanced ASP.NET MVC applications using .NET Framework 4.5 tools and technologies. The focus will be on coding activities that enhance the performance and scalability of the Web site application. ASP.NET MVC will be introduced and compared with Web Forms so that students know when each should/could be used.
This course is intended for professional web developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in an individual-based or team-based, small-sized to large development environment. Candidates for this course are interested in developing advanced web applications and want to manage the rendered HTML comprehensively. They want to create websites that separate the user interface, data access, and application logic.
Course Learning Outcomes
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application.
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
- Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events.
- Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views.
- Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers.
- Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio 2012 and configure an application for troubleshooting.
- Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users.
- Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application.
- Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests.
- Implement a complete membership system in an MVC 4 web application.
- Build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and preferences.
- Describe how to write a Windows Azure web service and call it from and MVC application.
- Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application.
- Modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application.
- Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC 4 web application from a development computer to a web server for staging or production.
Full Course Details