This course is for you if you give presentations and need to increase your influence and gravitas and have a stronger presence with your team and clients or potential clients.
Whether you are delivering a formal or informal presentation to colleagues, clients or potential clients you will learn how to create your presentation, using appropriate visual aids, so you can deliver it effectively and professionally so increasing your credibility in the eyes of your audience.
Learning occurs following delivery of presentations and receipt of feedback, accompanied by input sessions on communication skills, design of visual aids and presentation structure. You may find yourself working individually, in pairs or groups using tools and techniques to help you identify best practice in delivering presentations.
Session 1 – Deliver your first presentation
- This session is the foundation for the course.
- You will receive feedback on your presentation and can reflect on this as you learn.
Session 2 – Communicating with your Audience
- How you look, how you sound and the words you use
- Developing your self awareness and the impact you have on different people
- Managing audience input
- What’s in it for them – WIFM
- Determining audience motivation and needs
- Establishing your credibility
Session 3 – Identify the objective of your presentation
- Determine your audience’s needs
- What’s the culture and context for the presentation?
- Formulate your objective for your presentation.
Session 4 – Structure your presentation
- Keep it Simple: Concentrate on your core message
- Identify common ground with audience
- Identify the beginning, middle and end of your presentation
Session 5 – Use appropriate visual aids
- The 10-20-30 Rule
Session 6 – Deliver your presentation
- The Deliver your presentation to the group, receive feedback from course attendees and tutor, review your presentation and deliver again focusing on learning points received as feedback
- Determine the objective of your presentation
- Structure your presentation
- Design and use appropriate visual aids
- Deliver your presentation
Participants and RequirementsThe course content is tailored to your learning needs. You will receive a questionnaire before the course asking you what you would like to achieve.
You will also need to bring a ready prepared 5 minute presentation with you. This can be on any topic of your choice; you will deliver this at the beginning of the course. Please do not come to the course without the presentation.
Up to 6 people can attend each course with one trainer; you may find yourself on a course with more delegates and another tutor.
Course Duration1 day