Effective Sales And Customer Service
DescriptionParticipants will be able to develop an increased appreciation for the importance of their role within the organisation, dealing with customers and ensuring that all clients are treated appropriately to develop customer service excellence whilst achieving sales targets. Participants will also be introduced to enhanced leadership and communication skills that are required to work professionally with difficult or unsatisfied customers. The opportunity to learn from other people’s experiences will also benefit participants in questioning whether they are practising appropriate customer service and selling skills, and if not, in which areas they need to improve. Team Leaders, Sales persons, Customer Service staff and Personnel involved with all kinds of Front-Line Customer Handling will be able to experience a shared organisational customer service vision, as well as improve inter-departmental communication and an understanding of the major tasks of each department. This course is also designed to increase employee competency and communication skills in relation to sales, focusing on the business objective of achieving sales objectives whilst simultaneously focusing upon customer retention and revenue sustainability.
SyllabusDAY 1 Part 1 – The Importance of Customer Care
- What is Customer Care?
- Why is excellent Customer Care important?
- Moments of Truth
- Beyond customer satisfaction
- Effects of poor customer service
- Quality Customer Service
- The importance of Communication
- The communication process
- Channels & Barriers of Communication
- Effective communication
- Presenting yourself – making good first impressions
- 5 levels of Listening
- Active listening and its’ benefits
- Becoming an active listener
- How to help a client
- How to deal with angry or complaining clients
- Being aware of ethnic and religious differences
- Etiquette at all times
- How to develop one’s sales ideas and concepts
- Understanding what you want to sell: what is the need that you are trying to satisfy?
- Do you know your customers?
- Perseverance and Personal Characteristics
- Knowing your limitations
- So how do you sell?
- Developing an effective sales kit
- Knowing your products and services
- Knowing your competition
- What is your competitive advantage?
- The art of negotiation
- Learning how to negotiate and standing your ground
- Being aware of your customers’ requirements
- Effective negotiation skills
- The importance of negotiation whilst selling
- Understanding what the client wants
- “Owning” the customer’s issue but not the problem
- Generating solutions: the way to solve problems
- Creativity and Intuition
- But what is the real problem?
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Building lasting relationships with customers
- Summaring customer care points
- Questions and close of course
- Identifying key components that promote customer retention and loyalty
- Utilising interpersonal communication skills as vital tools in providing excellent customer service
- Understanding the organisational structure as a means of improving internal communications
- Developing the necessary understanding of internal and external customer expectations
- Learning how to sell effectively to customers
- Demonstrate how to deal with difficult customers effectively
- Developing your ability to balance work and life pressures and stress as this affects the service we provide to our customers
- Dealing with the unresponsive customer
- Being aware of cultural differences with clients, and professional etiquette
- How to build effective customer relationships for lasting business relationships
- Being aware of the importance of product knowledge
Participants and RequirementsTeam leaders, Account Managers, Sales team staff, Personnel involved with Front-Line Customer handling and Customer Care, and anyone spending more than half of their time dealing with customers.
CertificateCertificate of attendance
Course Duration3 days