ISTQB/BCS Foundation Level Certified Tester
The Foundation Level qualification is aimed at professionals who need to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing. This includes people in roles such as test designers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and IT Professionals.
The Foundation Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who needs a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Testing
Module 2:Testing Throughout the Software Life Cycle
Module 3: Static Techniques
Module 4: Testing Design Techniques
Module 5: Test Managements
Module 6: Tool Support for Testing
Foundation Level professionals should be able to:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
- Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques; analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
- Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; assist in the selection and implementation process.
Participants and RequirementsThe entry criterion for taking the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing examination is that candidates have an interest in software testing. However, it is strongly recommended that candidates also have at least a minimal background in either software development or software testing, such as six months experience as a system or user
Course Duration3 days