Administering Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014 Databases (20462D)
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2014 Database Administration
Module 2: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2014
Module 3: Working with Databases and Storage
Module 4: Planning and Implementing a Backup Strategy
Module 5: Restoring SQL Server 2014 Databases
Module 6: Importing and Exporting Data
Module 7: Monitoring SQL Server 2014
Module 8: Tracing SQL Server Activity
Module 9: Managing SQL Server Security
Module 10: Auditing Data Access and Encrypting Data
Module 11: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
Module 12: Automating SQL Server 2014 Management
Module 13: Monitoring SQL Server 2014 by Using Alerts and Notifications
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe core database administration tasks and tools.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2014.
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage.
- Plan and implement a backup strategy.
- Restore databases from backups.
- Import and export data.
- Monitor SQL Server.
- Trace SQL Server activity.
- Manage SQL Server security.
- Audit data access and encrypt data.
- Perform ongoing database maintenance.
- Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Configure Database Mail, alerts and notifications.
Participants and RequirementsBefore attending this course, students must have:
• Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
• Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
• Working knowledge of relational databases.
• Some experience with database design.
Course Duration5 days