Vacancy for Junior Database Administrator
Become part of the Agilis team by sending your resume for the position of Junior Database Administrator.
- Support and maintenance of SQL 2008 test and live databases including those that are used internally.
- The role has exposure to all aspects of database administration – e.g. installation/upgrade/patching, backup and recovery, performance and tuning, security, data loads and database copies.
- It also includes the running of data fix scripts, daily checks (e.g. database backups), automating tasks, maintaining data feeds and investigating problems.
Position in Organisation
- Reports to the Database Support team leader
- Direct contact with internal customers to resolve issues
Dimensions of Authority
- Perform regular database maintenance activities by following internal processes (data loads, data fixes, schema updates, database copies, software installs/upgrades/patches etc)
- Plan own time so that delivery targets are met
- Maintain procedural documentation
- Relevant IT qualification is desirable (preferably degree level)
- Proven, demonstrable knowledge of SQL
Apply now by email including your resume and a covering letter, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org