Introducing Agile Methodologies
Introducing Agility – Applying best practices, planning and estimating.
This seminar is for anyone interested in an introduction to the Agile methodologies and best industry practices. We will evaluate both Traditional and Agile methodologies, focusing on the different types of Agile practices with emphasis on Scrum. Thorough examples will enable participants to appreciate how Scrum can help you in the way you work with your company, no matter what team size or industry is.
Agile revolutionised the thinking and adaptation philosophy we work as individuals and in teams. It helps to add transparency and ways to communicate and collaborate in an iterative fashion versus waterfall.
The course will give you the best benefits in applying agile iteration planning, and introduce various estimation tools that support iterative processes. We help you support customers and projects based on PRINCE2. Though PRINCE2 is a complete and comprehensive project management solution, the course helps you to develop a combination of the flexibility and responsiveness of agile with the clearly defined framework.
Participants will leave the workshop with new insights and attitudes, and will be able to prove themselves through significantly improved project completion results back at their workplace.
Overview of Traditional and Agile methodologies
- what are the benefits of each methodology
- what are the differences
Introduction to Agile and the Agile Manifesto
- what are the basics of Agile development
- the Agile Manifesto
Agile in a nutshell
- what is Agile
- how does it works
- what are the benefits
- scrum vs. waterfall
- time boxing
- Scrum roles, ceremonies and artifacts
- Product owner, Team, Scrum Master, sprint, backlog, meetings
- burndown charts
- sprint retrospective
- identifying User Stories
- Stories vs. Use Cases vs. Requirements
- story points
- size estimation
- estimation methods
- monitoring and tracking
- Appreciate the need to apply new methodologies
- Agile enables empowerment and increase efficiency
- Get a comprehensive introduction to Agile and Scrum methodology
- Understand the benefits and advantages of Agile over traditional methods
- Increase business value by adopting Agile approaches
- Get to know the core practices and philosophies behind Agile
- Learn about Roles and Artifacts, and the Process flow
Participants and RequirementsThis course is suited for organisation managers, analysts, programmers, testers or anyone interested to change the working philosophy. It is also appropriate for people involved in estimating or planning an agile project. Participants will be able to discuss, share experiences and highlight specific recommendations and actions to improve their current plans and projects.
CertificateCertificate of attendance
Course Duration8 hours