ICT Disaster Recovery
DescriptionICT Disaster Recovery is that part of business continuity management which relates to an organisations ability to protect and recover its information technology capability. The course looks at how ICT Disaster Recovery links with BCM and how the business drivers need to be translated into ‘techno speak’. Classroom teaching, videos, discussions, exercises and analysis of case studies form the teaching approach in this one day course. Our trainer has a flexible approach to training, making him suitable to both experienced senior management professionals as well as general employees and small businesses. He brings a high level of senior experience and professional expertise to his teaching role. This includes a Masters in Business Continuity, Security and Emergency Management, two Professional Fellowships awarded by the Institute of Business Continuity Management and also the British Computer Society, and he is also an associate lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- The evolution of ICT DR and how it fits into business continuity management
- Dealing with business driven Recovery Time Objectives (RTO’s) alongside capability GAP shortfalls
- Reverse engineering of an ICT DR Solution
- Data backup and data recall
- Recovery strategies
- The Cloud – mystical, magical or just plain outsourcing
- Accommodating the desktop environment
- Validating your ICT DR Plan including parallel and cutover testing
- Making plans work
Learning OutcomesOn completion of this course, participants will be
- More knowledgeable and confident in planning for and reacting to ICT disaster and recovery
- Judge potentially evolving technical threat situations and making consequent decisions quickly when faced with ICT related challenges in the context of business continuity
Participants and RequirementsICT and BCM professionals, Data Centre Managers with ICT DR accountability / responsibility, Crisis Management team members, Auditors requiring an in depth appreciation of ICT DR, Risk Management professionals.
Course Duration7 hours