Sharepoint Server 2013 Advanced Developer Solutions
DescriptionDeveloping Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions. This course is aimed Developers working with Sharepoint for advanced technical implementations and solutions. This course provides SharePoint developers the information needed to implement SharePoint solutions using Enterprise Search, Managed Metadata Service (MMS), Business Connectivity Services (BCS), Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Web Content Management (WCM), Social Computing features and SharePoint Apps. The course is intended for professional developers who develop solutions for SharePoint products and technologies in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. The course is ideally suited to SharePoint developers who have gained some experience with SharePoint 2013 and who are looking to build on their existing skills
SyllabusModule 1: Creating Robust and Efficient Apps for SharePoint Module 2: Developing Managed Metadata Solutions Module 3: Interacting with the Search Service Module 4: Customizing the Search Experience Module 5: Implementing Enterprise Content Management Module 6: Developing a Publishing Site for Web Content Module 7: Structuring and Publishing Websites for All Users Module 8: Developing Optimized Internet Sites Module 9: Working with Business Connectivity Services Module 10: Creating Advanced Business Data Connectivity Models Module 11: Working with Business Data In Client Applications BCS Module 12: Managing and Accessing User Profile Data Module 13: Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions Module 14: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Custom SharePoint Solutions
Learning OutcomesSome main topic areas you will have developed knowledge and competencies in:
- Use the client-side object models and the REST API to communicate with SharePoint
- Configure security for apps for SharePoint
- Optimize the performance of apps for SharePoint
- Describe the SharePoint 2013 Search Architecture.
- Build simple and advanced KQL Queries
- Describe the SharePoint Search Index
- Create various types of result sources
- Create basic and complex query transforms
- Configure query rule conditions and actions to target query intent
- Create and modify result types and display templates
- Extend content processing with Content Enrichment
- Describe how to utilize the Publishing API to access publishing
- settings and content.
- Configure website structure and navigation.
- Describe the difference between structured and metadata
- Use the new cross-site publishing features of SharePoint 2013.
- Configure and implement variations for multilingual sites.
- Configure search engine optimization settings and add SEO
- Configure caching to improve site rendering performance.
- Optimize site assets and resources to maximize performance.
- Describe the key components of Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint Server 2013.
- Create and configure BDC models by using SharePoint Designer.
- Create and configure BDC models by using Visual Studio 2012.
- Describe BCS Connector Framework scenarios.
- Design and Develop BCS Connector stereotyped operations.
- Design and Configure BDC model security.
- Optimize Search Connector crawl performance.
- Use Visual Studio to build BDC Models for Search.
- Deploy BDC Search connectors.
- Debug and troubleshoot your search connectors.
- Design and deploy BDC event subscriber methods.
- Describe how to format event notification messages.
- Configure alerts and event receivers on external lists.
Participants and RequirementsProfessional developers who develop solutions for SharePoint products and technologies in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment.
Course Duration5 days